With the rich flavors in this soup, you will be surprised it’s paleo.
- 2 pounds cooked and shredded organic chicken breast
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon potato starch or arrowroot powder
- 8 oz. cooked, chopped nitrate-free bacon (divided in half)
- 6 cups free-range, organic chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Place cauliflower, mushrooms, and garlic in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake until cauliflower begins to brown, about 45 minutes. Stir half way through.
In a large pot, melt the coconut oil until shimmering. Add the onion, rutabaga, thyme and potato starch. Cook until onion is translucent and rutabaga begins to soften about 10-15 minutes.
Add the baked cauliflower mixture to the pot, along with the cooked, shredded chicken, coconut milk, broth and ½ of the bacon. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
Simmer for 45-60 minutes or until the rutabagas are soft.
Garnish with green onions and remaining bacon.